Opuscula Math. 39, no. 1 (2019), 109-124
Pseudo-differential equations and conical potentials: 2-dimensional case
Abstract. We consider two-dimensional elliptic pseudo-differential equation in a plane sector. Using a special representation for an elliptic symbol and the formula for a general solution we study the Dirichlet problem for such equation. This problem was reduced to a system of linear integral equations and then after some transformations to a system of linear algebraic equations. The unique solvability for the Dirichlet problem was proved in Sobolev-Slobodetskii spaces and a priori estimate for the solution is given.
Keywords: pseudo-differential equation, wave factorization, Dirichlet problem, system of linear integral equations.
Mathematics Subject Classification: 35S15, 45A05.
- B.V. Bazaliy, N. Vasylyeva, On the solvability of a transmission problem for the Laplace operator with a dynamic boundary condition on a nonregular interface, J. Math. Anal. Appl. 393 (2012), 651-670.
- Ju.V. Egorov, B.-W. Schulze, Pseudo-Differential Operators, Singularities, Applications, Birkhäuser-Verlag, Basel, 1997.
- G.I. Eskin, The conjugacy problem for equations of principal type with two independent variables, Trans. Moscow Math. Soc. 21 (1970), 263-316.
- G.I. Eskin, Boundary Value Problems for Elliptic Pseudodifferential Equations, AMS, Providence, 1981.
- F.D. Gakhov, Boundary Value Problems, Dover Publications, Mineola, 1981.
- N.I. Muskhelishvili, Singular Integral Equations, North Holland, Amsterdam, 1976.
- V.E. Nazaikinskii, A.Yu. Savin, B.-W. Schulze, B.Yu. Sternin, Elliptic Theory on Singular Manifolds, Chapman & Hall/CRC, Boca Raton, 2006.
- S.A. Nazarov, B.A. Plamenevsky, Elliptic Problems in Domains with Piecewise Smooth Boundaries, Walter de Gruyter, Berlin-New York, 1994.
- B. Plamenevskii, Algebras of Pseudodifferential Operators, Springer, Netherlands, 1989.
- B.-W. Schulze, Boundary Value Problems and Singular Pseudo-Differential Operators, J. Wiley, Chichester, 1998.
- B.-W. Schulze, B. Sternin, V. Shatalov, Differential Equations on Singular Manifolds; Semiclassical Theory and Operator Algebras, Wiley-VCH, Berlin, 1998.
- V.A. Solonnikov, E.V. Frolova, Investigation of a problem for the Laplace equation with a boundary condition of a special form in a plane angle, J. Soviet Math. 62 (1992), 2819-2831.
- E. Titchmarsh, Introduction to the Theory of Fourier Integrals, Oxford Univ. Press, Oxford, 1948.
- V.B. Vasil'ev, Boundary value problems and integral equations for some classes of pseudodifferential equations in nonsmooth domains, Differ. Equ. 34 (1998), 1188-1199.
- V.B. Vasil'ev, Wave Factorization of Elliptic Symbols: Theory and Applications, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht-Boston-London, 2000.
- V.B. Vasilyev, Elliptic equations and boundary value problems in non-smooth domains, [in:] L. Rodino et al. (eds.), Pseudo Differential Operators: Analysis, Applications and Computations, Birkhäuser, Basel, 2011, pp. 105-121.
- V.B. Vasilyev, General boundary value problems for pseudo-differential equations and related difference equations, Adv. Difference Equ. 289 (2013), 1-7.
- V.B. Vasilyev, Pseudo differential equations on manifolds with non-smooth boundaries, [in:] S. Pinelas et al. (eds.), Differential and Difference Equations and Applications, Springer Nature, Switzerland, 2013, pp. 625-637.
- V.B. Vasilyev, On the Dirichlet and Neumann problems in multi-dimensional cone, Math. Bohem. 139 (2014), 333-340.
- V.B. Vasilyev, New constructions in the theory of elliptic boundary value problems, [in:] C. Constanda et al. (eds.), Integral Methods in Science and Engineering, Birkhäuser, Cham, 2015, pp. 629-641.
- V.B. Vasilyev, Potentials for elliptic boundary value problems in cones, Sib. Elektron. Mat. Izv. 13 (2016), 1129-1149 [in Russian].
- V.B. Vasilyev, Elliptic equations, manifolds with non-smooth boundaries, and boundary value problems, [in:] P. Dang et al. (eds.), New Trends in Analysis and Interdisciplinary Applications, Birkhäuser, Cham, 2017, pp. 337-344.