Opuscula Math. 38, no. 4 (2018), 463-482
Positive definite functions and dual pairs of locally convex spaces
Abstract. Using pairs of locally convex topological vector spaces in duality and topologies defined by directed families of sets bounded with respect to the duality, we prove general factorization theorems and general dilation theorems for operator-valued positive definite functions.
Keywords: positive definite function, locally convex space, dual pair, the (strong) factorization property, dilation theory.
Mathematics Subject Classification: 42A82, 47A20, 47A68.
- J. Górniak, Locally convex spaces with factorization property, Colloq. Math. 48 (1984) 1, 69-79.
- J. Górniak, A. Weron, Aronszajn-Kolmogorov type theorems for positive definite kernels in locally convex spaces, Studia Math. 69 (1980/81) 3, 235-246.
- M.A. Lifshits, Gaussian Random Functions, Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1995.
- A. Makagon, Remark on the Extrapolation of Banach Space Valued Stationary Processes, Probability Theory on Vector Spaces, II (Proc. Second Internat. Conf., Blazejewko, 1979), Lecture Notes in Math., vol. 828, Springer, Berlin, 1980, 196-207.
- A. Makagon, H. Salehi, Notes on Infinite-Dimensional Stationary Sequences, Probability theory on vector spaces, IV (Łańcut, 1987), Lecture Notes in Math., vol. 1391, Springer, Berlin, 1989, 200-238.
- P. Masani, Dilations as propagators of Hilbertian varieties, SIAM J. Math. Anal. 9 (1978), 414-456.
- L. Narici, E. Beckenstein, Topological Vector Spaces, second ed., Pure and Applied Mathematics (Boca Raton), vol. 296, CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL, 2011.
- H. Niemi, A. Weron, Dilation theorems for positive definite operator kernels having majorants, J. Funct. Anal. 40 (1981) 1, 54-65.
- G. Pedrick, Theory of reproducing kernels for Hilbert spaces of vector-valued functions, Univ. of Kansas Tech. Rep. 19, Lawrence, 1957.
- N.N. Vakhania, Probability Distributions on Linear Spaces, North-Holland Publishing Co., New York, 1981, Translated from the Russian by I.I. Kotlarski, North-Holland Series in Probability and Applied Mathematics.
- Communicated by Palle E.T. Jorgensen.
- Received: 2017-03-28.
- Accepted: 2017-08-23.
- Published online: 2018-04-11.