Opuscula Math. 35, no. 5 (2015), 665-688
Katz's middle convolution and Yokoyama's extending operation
Abstract. We give a concrete relation between Katz's middle convolution and Yokoyama's extension and show the equivalence of both algorithms using these operations for the reduction of Fuchsian systems on the Riemann sphere.
Keywords: Fuchsian systems, middle convolution.
Mathematics Subject Classification: 34M35, 34M40, 34M15.
- W. Crawley-Boevey, On matrices in prescribed conjugacy classes with no common invariant subspaces and sum zero, Duke Math. J. 118 (2003), 339-352.
- M. Dettweiler, S. Reiter, An algorithm of Katz and its applications to the inverse Galois problems, J. Symbolic Comput. 30 (2000), 761-798.
- M. Dettweiler, S. Reiter, Middle convolution of Fuchsian systems and the construction of rigid differential systems, J. Algebra 318 (2007), 1-24.
- Y. Haraoka, Integral representations of solutions of differential equations free from accessory parameters, Adv. Math. 169 (2002), 187-240.
- Y. Haraoka, G. M. Filipuk, Middle convolution and deformation for Fuchsian systems, J. Lond. Math. Soc. 76 (2007), 438-450.
- Y. Haraoka, T. Yokoyama, Construction of rigid local systems and integral representations of their sections, Math. Nachr. 279 (2006), 255-271.
- V.C. Kac, Infinite Dimensional Lie Algebras, 3rd ed., Cambridge Univ. Press, 1990.
- H.M. Katz, Rigid Local Systems, Annals of Mathematics Studies 139, Princeton University Press, 1995.
- M. Kohno, Global Analysis in Linear Differential Equations, Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1999.
- V.P. Kostov, On the Deligne-Simpson problem, Trudy Mat. Inst. Steklov. 238 (2001), 158-195.
- V.P. Kostov, The Deligne-Simpson problem for zero index of rigidity, Perspective in Complex Analysis, Differential Geometry and Mathematical Physics, World Scientific 2001, 1-35.
- V.P. Kostov, The Deligne-Simpson problem - a survey, J. Algebra 281 (2004), 83-108.
- T. Oshima, A quantization of conjugacy classes of matrices, Advances in Math. 196 (2005), 124-146.
- T. Oshima, Classification of Fuchsian systems and their connection problem, RIMS Kôkyûroku Bessatsu B37 (2013), 163-192.
- T. Oshima, Fractional calculus of Weyl algebra and Fuchsian differential equations, MSJ Memoirs 28, Mathematical Society of Japan, 2013.
- T. Yokoyama, Construction of systems of differential equations of Okubo normal form with rigid monodromy, Math. Nachr. 279 (2006), 327-348.
- Communicated by P.A. Cojuhari.
- Received: 2014-02-28.
- Revised: 2014-12-06.
- Accepted: 2015-01-17.
- Published online: 2015-04-27.