Opuscula Math. 39, no. 2 (2019), 159-174
Nonlinear elliptic equations involving the p-Laplacian with mixed Dirichlet-Neumann boundary conditions
Abstract. In this paper, a nonlinear differential problem involving the \(p\)-Laplacian operator with mixed boundary conditions is investigated. In particular, the existence of three non-zero solutions is established by requiring suitable behavior on the nonlinearity. Concrete examples illustrate the abstract results.
Keywords: mixed problem, critical points.
Mathematics Subject Classification: 35J25, 35J20.
- G. Barletta, R. Livrea, N.S. Papageorgiou, Bifurcation phenomena for the positive solutions on semilinear elliptic problems with mixed boundary conditions, J. Nonlinear Convex Anal. 17 (2016), 1497-1516.
- G. Bonanno, P. Candito, Three solutions to a Neumann problem for elliptic equations involving the p-Laplacian, Arch. Math. 80 (2003), 424-429.
- G. Bonanno, P. Candito, Non-differentiable functionals and applications to elliptic problems with discontinuous nonlinearities, J. Differential Equations 244 (2008), 3031-3059.
- G. Bonanno, G. D'Aguì, Mixed elliptic problems involving the \(p\)-Laplacian with nonhomogeneous boundary conditions, Discrete Contin. Dyn. Syst. 37 (2017) 11, 5797-5817.
- G. Bonanno, G. D'Aguì, N.S. Papageorgiou Infinitely many solutions for mixed elliptic problems involving the \(p\)-Laplacian, Adv. Nonlinear Stud. 15 (2015), 939-950.
- G. Bonanno, S.A. Marano, On the structure of the critical set of non-differentiable functions with a weak compactness condition, Appl. Anal. 89 (2010), 1-10.
- V. Bonfim, A.F. Neves, A one-dimensional heat equation with mixed boundary conditions, J. Differential Equations 139 (1997), 319-338.
- E. Colorado, I. Peral, Semilinear elliptic problems with mixed Dirichlet-Neumann boundary conditions, J. Funct. Anal. 199 (2003), 468-507.
- J. Dávila, A strong maximum principle for the Laplace equation with mixed boundary condition, J. Funct. Anal. 183 (2001), 231-244.
- G. D'Aguì, S.A. Marano, N.S. Papageorgiou, Multiple solutions to a Robin problem with indefinite weight and asymmetric reaction, J. Math. Anal. Appl. 433 (2016) 2, 1821-1845.
- J. Garcia Azorero, A. Malchiodi, L. Montoro, I. Peral, Concentration of solutions for some singularly perturbed mixed problems: Asymptotics of minimal energy solutions, Ann. I. H. Poincaré - AN 27 (2010), 37-56.
- R. Haller-Dintelmann, H.C. Kaiser, J. Rehberg, Elliptic model problems including mixed boundary conditions and material heterogeneities, J. Math. Pures. Appl. 89 (2008), 25-48.
- I. Mitrea, M. Mitrea, The Poisson problem with mixed boundary conditions in Sobolev and Besov spaces in non-smooth domains, Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 359 (2007), 4143-4182.
- N.S. Papageorgiou, V.D. Radulescu, Nonlinear nonhomogeneous Robin problems with superlinear reaction term, Adv. Nonlinear Stud. 16 (2016), 737-764.
- N.S. Papageorgiou, V.D. Radulescu, Multiplicity of solutions for nonlinear nonhomogeneous Robin problems, Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 146 (2018), 601-611.
- Communicated by Dušan Repovš.
- Received: 2018-10-23.
- Accepted: 2018-10-30.
- Published online: 2018-12-07.