Opuscula Mathematica was founded in 1937 by Professor Antoni Hoborski. Since 1968 the journal has been published at various times, first as Zeszyty Naukowe Akademii Górniczo-Hutniczej im. Stanisława Staszica, Opuscula Mathematica (Scientific Bulletins of the University of Mining and Metallurgy, Opuscula Mathematica) but in 1994 editors decided to return to its original name Opuscula Mathematica. In the years 1985 to 2004 the journal was published annually, from 2005 to 2007 biannually, then from 2008 to 2014 quarterly. Since 2015 the journal has been published 6 times per year.